Police officers who shot a Muslim woman during a anti-terrorism raid in north London were not wearing bodycams, the police watchdog has said.
Armed officers shot the 21-year-old as they stormed a house in Willesden unravel what is said to be an “active” terror plot last week.
Police witnesses inside the property were not wearing body-worn cameras, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) said on Thursday.
The IPCC has now launched a probe into the operation, but added that no officers are currently under investigation over the raid in Harlesden Road.
Elite officers executed a “specialist entry” into the house shortly before 7pm last Thursday.
Police fired CS gas into the property, which had been under observation in a ongoing counter-terrorism operation.
The injured suspect was later discharged from hospital and taken in for questioning.
A total of 10 people have now been arrested in connection with the alleged terrorist attack, including three teenagers detained after a series of raids in east London.
Witnesses reported hearing women screaming and gunshots as police officers in gas masks entered the address.
The IPCC said they were in the process of collecting evidence and had spoken to the officers involved in the raid.
Deputy chairwoman Sarah Green said: “Our investigators have been working hard over the last few days to secure evidence to help us understand the circumstances surrounding this incident.
“As well as gathering physical evidence and accounts from those officers involved we are also looking to establish details around the planning of the operation and in particular the briefing provided to the officers prior to their deployment to the address.
“We have not yet spoken to any non-police witnesses many of whom are linked to a counter terrorism operation being conducted by the Metropolitan Police.”
“We remain conscious that the operation is ongoing and fast-moving and must be allowed to run its course.
“The position remains that no police officer is under investigation as we continue to establish the details of what happened.”
Giving an update on both counter-terror operations on Thursday, Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu, Senior National Co-ordinator for Counter Terrorism Policing, said: “Due to the arrests made, I believe we have contained the threats that they posed.
“With the attack in Westminster on 22 March so fresh in people’s minds, I would like to reassure everyone that across the country officers are working around the clock to identify those people who intend to commit acts of terror.”