In this eye-opening episode of the Blood Brothers Podcast, Dilly Hussain speaks with the director of advocacy group Prevent Watch, Dr Laila Aitlhadj, about the UK government’s controversial counterterrorism ‘Prevent’ strategy.
Topics of conversation include:
- Chronology of the Prevent strategy (Labour to Conservative).
- Are there any benefits to Prevent?
- CTS Act 2015 and Prevent’s statutory footing.
- Does Prevent disproportionately target Islam and Muslims?
- Muslim children in schools and safeguarding. Advice to teachers and social workers.
- Why scrap Prevent? Why can’t there be an alternative that is managed by the Muslim community?
FOLLOW 5PILLARS ON: