Political activist Sukant Chandan argues that in a repeat of its 1980s “central American strategy” the West is using “Muslim death squads” to further its foreign geopolitical goals while at the same time criminalising terrorism at home.
This week the headlines have been full of the news that the British state wants to hold a “terror trial” in complete secrecy. This has been condemned by human rights groups as an affront to the principles of justice, but so far few people have come up with a convincing, sophisticated analysis of the British state’s hot/cold relationship with “radical Islamists”.
That said, if you look hard enough the state’s covert counter-insurgency strategy of using terrorism for its own ends abroad while at the same time criminalising terrorism at home is being increasingly exposed and understood by more and more people.
So what are some of the aspects and ingredients that have led to this exposition? Here are 10 reasons why the Brits want to conduct a secret trial of terrorism suspects to prevent their strategy from becoming known to the whole world:
1. The destruction of Libya and the revelations that the CIA was working with death squads (ie., terrorists) in Benghazi, arresting and detaining some, promoting others, and shipping arms and death squads to Syria etc has been exposed.
Moreover, Libya from February 2011 onwards saw death squads promoted as “freedom fighters” openly in the mainstream in a return to Afghanistan in the 1980s and Rambo III 1988!.
2. Liver-eating and head-chopping allies of the Brits (and the West in general) in Syria sabotaged this strategy in Syria in terms of trying to (and increasingly failing) to show the “armed opposition” to the Syrian government was something good.
Nevertheless, they are basically still encouraging people to go to Syria, but are also doing overt criminalising at the same time to try and convince people that they aren’t all over the death squads in Syria, arming, financing and directing them on the ground with British Special Forces.
3. When Russia-China-NorthKorea-Iran-Hezbollah-Algeria all united with Syria in sabotaging the impending Western bombing of Syria last year (you know, when all the snakes, fakes, fools and tools were silently praying for it to happen), there was a mass outcry from the slightly wiser people under the slogan: “we will not fight with Obama and Cameron’s death squads in Syria”.
4. Senior activist in anti-war and pro-Palestine circles Moazzam Begg’s arrest and his support for what I believe to be openly violent sectarian death squads and the way MI6 ticked off his visits there has exposed (in my opinion) the hot-cold relationship between the death squads and the British state.
5. The trial of Abu Hamza, (one of the most perfect Muslim bogeymen that the British state helped to develop) in the USA has exposed his dealings with the intelligence agencies in London who worked together to control the pro-death squads (pro-Al-Qaeda) youth in London and to ensure “there is no blood split in London”.
6. The other senior Al-Qaeda guy Abu Qatada was sent back to Jordan and is openly organising for Al-Qaeda types now.
7. The “Boston Bombers'” open connections to US-sponsored terrorism in the Caucasus is now out in the open.
8. People are realising more that the more the West gets involved aggressively in any country in the Muslim world, the more these death squads proliferate.
9. People can see the destruction of Malian/Islamic/African/world heritage in Timbuktu and other places by the Western-promoted death squads from Libya, and their connected sectarian depravity in Mali. They can also see the British and French bombing of the place for the double dealing hypocritical nastiness that it was.
10. People have not forgotten Gaddafi saying that the West are allied with these death squads (broadly termed Al-Qaeda) in their mission to destroy Libya. While having been ridiculed for saying as much by the mainstream and their allies, people have seen that actually he was correct and that is exactly what happened and this phenomenon has spread like wild fire destroying everything in its wake.
I should add that anyone bemoaning these secret trials and not developing analysis as to the above is part of promoting the state strategy.
There are other factors, like people impacted by these death squads in Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan, China, Nigeria and many other places just being more than sick to death by these death squads and their western puppet masters.
However, the light at the end of the tunnel is that growing numbers of people are waking up to this and developing non-sectarian and anti-imperialist methods to defeat them, especially in Syria, but also in Libya, Mali and elsewhere.
We will win, we have no choice. It’s a case of unite or perish.
Sukant Chandan is a political analyst and print and film journalist who runs the Sons of Malcolm blog. He regularly appears on Russia Today, Press TV, El-Etejah and other channels. He can be contacted at email@example.com.
Please note that like all our other opinion articles, the views stated here do not necessarily coincide with those of the 5 Pillarz editorial board.