A group of Muslim scholars from the UK have issued a powerful statement slamming Israel as an illegitimate state and calling for all Palestinian lands to be returned.
The statement which was spearheaded by Shaykh Asrar Rashid from Birmingham has also called for an end to Israeli occupation of the entirety of Palestine.
The scholars wrote:
“We the undersigned do not recognise “Israel” as a legitimate state.
“”Israel” must return the entirety of Palestinian land. Palestinians have no link to the holocaust and the crimes of the Second World War against the Jewish people.
“We condemn the continued fascist Zionist oppression which has cost the Palestinian people their freedom, homeland and lives for over seventy years.
“Islam does not promote anti-Semitism and Arabs are also a Semitic people. On the contrary, the second Caliph of Islam, Hadrat Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) took charge of the Church of the Sepulchre and commanded Muslims to take care of it and give Christians their full rights to worship which were curtailed prior by sectarianism.
“The caretakers of this Church have been a Muslim family since the arrival of Islam in the seventh century. Jews, Christians and Muslims coexisted in peace and security in Palestine, until the Zionist occupation ended the mutual tolerance that had existed for over a millennium.
“Jerusalem will be the capital of the Islamic Caliphate when it returns, Allah willing.”
- Shaykh Asrar Rashid, Birmingham
- Maulana Muhammad Din Sialwi, Accrington
- Maulana Kamran Khan, Birmingham
- Imam Khalid Hussain, Leicester
- Hafiz Kasad Ali, Birmingham
- Maulana Shahid Barelwi, Burnley
- Maulana Haroon Raza, Birmingham
- Hafiz Ehsan Qadri, Sri Lanka
- Maulana Masud Qadri, Bolton
- Imam Adil Shahzad, Bradford
- Imam Zahoor Chishti, Oldham
- Maulana Naveed Ashrafi, Blackburn
- Imam Shahid Ali, Bradford
- Imam Sudagar Husain, Bradford
- Maulana Nizam Ashraf, Bolton
- Maulana Yasir Ayyub, Oldham
- Shaykh Danyal, Birmingham
- Maulana Aqeel Khan, Bolton
- Maulana Omar Shabier Naqshbandi, Netherlands
- Maulana Saad bin Sadiq, Birmingham
- Maulana Anis Ahmed, Birmingham
- Maulana Ibrar Shafi, Derby
- Maulana Sayyid Samdani, Bolton
- Maulana Haider Ali, Preston
- Maulana Nabeel Afzal, Coventry
- Shaykh Noorud-Deen Rashid, Luton
- Maulana Mohammed Bilal Naushahi, Bradford
- Imam Muhammad Husnain, Chesham
- Maulana Majid Abdul Rahman, Chadwell Heath
- Maulana Qasim Hussain, Luton
- Maulana Hafiz Arfat Ahmed, Luton
- Maulana Sajid Ali, Luton
- Imam Muhammad Nazim, Bedford
- Maulana Moqaddam Shahzada Naushani, Manchester
Any Muslim scholar who would like to sign this open statement can contact Muhammad Aqdas via [email protected]