Turkish man commits suicide on Facebook live after not knowing about daughter’s engagement

Ayhan Uzun filmed the horrific moment he shot himself in the head.

A Turkish man shot himself dead on Facebook live after his daughter got engaged without his permission.

Ayhan Uzun filmed the horrific moment he killed himself – broadcasting it on Facebook Live as viewers watched in shock.

The video footage shows the distraught father speaking to the camera and unleashing a lengthy tirade of abuse against his family before putting a handgun to his head.

The 54-year-old pulls the trigger on the count of three after saying his final words: “Goodbye, I am leaving, take good care of yourselves.”

Uzun immediately collapsed to the floor in the footage, which has not been independently verified.

He had earlier revealed that the reason for his suicide was the impending marriage of his daughter without his permission or knowledge.

He said: “I am live streaming tonight, and it is my will, I do not want the ones who put me in this position to attend my funeral.

Sign up for regular updates straight to your inbox

Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest news and updates from around the Muslim world!

“On my daughter’s happiest day (her engagement), they called me and said to me: Father come have a treat.”

“Nobody asked about me. Nobody treated me like a man. My father-in-law took my place and without having a right he approved my daughter’s wedding.

“Nobody said this girl’s father is alive. Though I would have waited for my daughter and family to say to me: Come father, be with us.

“My wife called me and she told me. I said to her why didn’t you come to tell me, and she said: We cannot make a personal visit to you.

“Maybe some of you will call this a show. I do not want anybody to go through this thing that I am going through.

“A little later I will put an end to my life with the gun I am holding in my hands.”

During his live streamed speech, friends and relatives sent comments begging him not to commit suicide.

However, Uzun took no notice and went through with his threat.

His family rushed around to the house to find his dead body.

Police have launched an investigation and Uzun’s body has been taken to a morgue for an autopsy.

Add your comments below

Previous articleIbrahim Halawa: “This is the moment I’ve waited for for four years”
Next articleWhen will LBC radio stop taking Muslims for mugs?