Mother of innocent Syrian man arrested for Parsons Green suffers heart attack

Yahya Farroukh

The mother of an innocent Syrian refugee who was arrested over the Parsons Green attack suffered a heart attack after hearing about the false allegations against her son.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed on Friday that Yahya Farroukh – who was detained as part of the Parsons Green attack investigation – will face “no further action”.

His employer explained that due to the shock of the news of his arrest, his mother suffered a heart attack.

Counter-terrorism police held him for three days before releasing him without charge.

Mr Farroukh’s friends have confirmed that his mother remains in a critical condition at a hospital in Egypt.

He was arrested outside his workplace – Alladin’s Fried Chicken, in Hounslow.

The managers at Alladin’s described him as a normal young man showing no signs of “radicalisation”.

Sign up for regular updates straight to your inbox

Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest news and updates from around the Muslim world!

They takeaway have demanded that the Metropolitan Police provide a “fully unreserved apology” due to how his arrest was carried out and the harm it caused his reputation by being labelled a “terrorist”.

Suleman Sarwar, one of the takeaway’s owners, said they too suffered from this false accusation, explaining how the shop had received “abuse, threats, anger, and hatred” after Mr Farroukh was identified by the national press.

He said: “The investigation brought Yahya, his friends, family, place of employment and the wider Muslim community under scrutiny and indignity.

“Once again, the community has received backlash and animosity from the public.”

Mr Farroukh’s sister, Safa, emphasised that, “Yahya is innocent, we know he is. He could never hurt a fly. Why would he hurt the family that adopted him or the country that welcomed him?”

Add your comments below

Previous articleSaudi accuses Qatar of supporting terrorism
Next articleImam stabbed in the neck outside Manchester mosque