
Right-wing broadcaster GB News has been forced to apologise and pay substantial damages to Islamic Relief after one of its guests falsely accused the charity of funding terrorism.
On February 16, the pro-Israel UAE commentator Amjad Taha appeared on The Camilla Tominey Show and falsely claimed that Islamic Relief had funded terrorist groups in the Middle East and was part of a greater agenda promoting extremism and radicalisation.
But in a statement in open court yesterday the following statement (agreed by both sides) was read:
“Islamic Relief has not engaged in, or in any way facilitated, the sending of money to any terrorist group or entity. Nor is it part of or involved in the promotion of any agenda aside of its humanitarian mission. Indeed, Islamic Relief is a purely humanitarian organisation, which seeks to uphold the strictest standards in its project implementation, reporting and accountability. It does not finance terrorist groups as alleged, or at all, nor does it promote extremism or radicalisation of any kind.”
GB News has removed the offending broadcast and associated publications from its website and social media platforms, undertaken not to repeat the false allegations complained of, broadcast a full apology, and agreed to pay substantial damages and costs.
GB News said: “On February 16, 2025 on The Camilla Tominey Show, we broadcast a live interview with Amjad Taha, a political analyst.
“In the interview, Mr Taha said Islamic Relief, a UK Registered Charity, has been banned in countries overseas because an investigation showed it had sent money to some terrorist groups in the Middle East.
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest news and updates from around the Muslim world!

“We accept the allegation that Islamic Relief has funded terrorist groups is untrue.
Islamic Relief has stated it does not promote or support extremism of any kind and that it is a purely humanitarian organisation.
“We apologise to Islamic Relief and are happy to correct the record.”
A spokesperson for Islamic Relief, which was represented by Carter Ruck, said: “We are very pleased that it has been possible to draw a line under this complaint. GB News gave a platform to serious allegations which are not only totally untrue but run contrary to the core principles on which we operate.
“Given that our own humanitarian workers have themselves been killed by terrorists, these allegations are particularly offensive and deeply troubling. They perpetuate disinformation that not only threatens the lives of our colleagues, but also our beneficiaries. Our focus is on delivering humanitarian relief to some of the world’s people most in need, and we have a rigorous approach to ensuring accountability throughout our charitable activities.”
Last year, a two-year analysis of GB News content concluded that the right-wing channel hates Islam and Muslims and is potentially fuelling community tensions and contributing to civil unrest.
Research produced by the Centre for Media Monitoring (CFMM) said there is “structural and systematic bias in GB News reporting about British Muslims.”
The study spoke of “excessive” focus on Muslims bordering on an “obsession” that “regularly demonises their beliefs.”
Stories about Islam were “overwhelmingly negative” and failed to understand the diverse nature of Muslim communities in the UK, the report said.
GB News responded to the report by calling the allegations “defamatory” and an attempt to silence free speech.
















