In this week’s episode of the Blood Brothers Podcast, Dilly Hussain speaks with the prominent Islamic historian and author, Dr Uthman Lateef, of Sapience Institute.
Topics of discussion include:
- 9 quick fire Q&A on Islamic personalities.
- 5 quick fire Q&A on major battles in Islamic history.
- Making sense of Islamic history: Romanticisation and reality.
- Was the past better than the present for the Muslim Ummah?
- Loss of Jerusalem 1099, sacking of Baghdad 1258, and the abolition of the Ottoman Caliphate 1924 — how did these events impact the collective Muslim consciousness?
- State of the Ummah, collective consciousness and Islamic revival.