Muslim father knocked unconscious by thugs who sprayed his home with Katie Hopkins tweet

The victim was attacked in his own home [Image: The Huddersfield Daily Examiner WS]

A Muslim father-of-three was beaten unconscious by thugs before Islamophobic graffiti was sprayed on his house walls quoting a tweet by the controversial columnist Katie Hopkins.

The 42-year-old man who wants to remain anonymous, was attacked from behind at his home in Kirklees, West Yorkshire, while doing DIY work.

The perpetrators hit him from behind with an unknown weapon last Wednesday morning, which made him unconscious, the Huddersfield Daily Examiner reports.

The doors and windows were left open whilst the victim was working due to last week’s heat wave.

When he regained consciousness, he found Islamophobic graffiti sprayed on his walls which stated, “we need a final solution” – a phrase tweeted by Katie Hopkins in the aftermath of the Manchester Arena attack.

 

The victim told the Huddersfield Daily Examiner: “My back was turned and I didn’t hear a single thing.

“A couple of minutes later I woke up with a sore head and I felt a bump on the back of it. Then the adrenaline kicked in.

“I knew someone must have hit me so I dialled 999. I wasn’t sure if they were still here because I hadn’t even checked downstairs yet.

“The police and ambulance were on their way so I made my way outside – that’s when I saw the graffiti on the walls above the staircase.

“I was in shock – I wondered if it was real.”

He said the graffiti on one wall, read: “P*kis out. We need a final solution #Manchester.”

On another wall, there was more racist graffiti that the victim says police have asked him to keep private for risk of it being repeated by other fanatics.

The victim said: “I’ve lived here for six years now and I’ve no idea who would do this.

“All the neighbours are on high alert now. So I doubt they would try it again but you never know anyone’s level of stupidity.

“I can’t thank the police enough. They really took the situation seriously and I think it was because of all the recent terror-related incidents.”

He was moved from his home for 48 hours while police investigated the crime scene.

The married man and father-of-three is currently suffering from a mild concussion.

Detective Inspector John Charlton, of Kirklees CID, said: “I would like to reassure the local community that offences of this nature are extremely rare. We are taking the matter extremely seriously and we have increased our patrols in the area.

“We are conducting extensive forensic enquiries to identify the person or people responsible and are continuing our enquiries locally.”

Anyone with information please contact the police on 101 quoting crime reference 13170282561

Add your comments below