A third person has died following a fatal car crash last Wednesday in Manchester, which happened just hours after the victim had been celebrating his sister’s wedding.
Munib Afzal Karim battled to survive after two of his friends were killed in the crash on Wilbraham Road in the early hours of Wednesday 27 April.
He passed away on Thursday with his family by his side at Manchester Royal Infirmary.
On Tuesday, Munib had been celebrating his sister Maria’s wedding.
Hours later, the 21-year-old, from Heald Green, Stockport , was seriously injured when the Audi S5 he was travelling in crashed.
Two of his friends, Hamza Jacob Iqbal, 24, from Burnage, and Hamza Gujjar, 20, from Bramhall , died at the scene.
Munib died in intensive care after medics discovered he had suffered horrific brain injuries.
Manchester Evening News published heart-breaking photos of his sisters, Madiha and Maria, holding his hand as his life support machine was switched off.
The pair clutched onto him as he took his last breaths, with mother Shamin and father Mohammad, by their side.
Madiha told the M.E.N: “I’m glad I was able to hold his hand throughout – and that I could rest my head on his chest, hearing his last heartbeats.
“He had a heart of gold and all he ever did was smile and make everyone laugh.”
She added: “He played a role of a father and a best friend to me as well as being a brother.
“He was the best person in the world. He was always messing about leaving a smile on everyone’s face.
“I want everyone to remember him with smiles, not tears, because that was him.
“I don’t want anyone to cry for Munib, that’s not what he would want. I just want people to pray for him.
“He wasn’t just my brother. He was everything.”
Hundreds of people have paid tribute to the three men following the tragic incident.
They were travelling home from Munib’s sister’s wedding with two other men when tragedy struck.
The Audi S5 hire car, which police said was travelling at “high speed”, crashed into a signpost and two parked cars close to Whalley Range High School for Girls at around 3.15am on Wednesday.
A 17-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving has been bailed until June 11 pending further enquiries.
A 19-year-old, who remains in hospital, was also arrested on suspicion of the same offence, but has since been de-arrested and is still being treated for his injuries.
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses to the incident.