VIDEO: Egyptian soldiers filmed shooting civilians in Sinai

Leaked video footage was aired on opposition news channel of Egyptian soldiers shooting civilians dead in the Sinai region.

Mekameleen TV, which broadcast the footage on Thursday night, said that the video was filmed in December 2016 in Sinai.

At least two people appear to be shot dead during the two-minute video and other bodies can be seen lying on the ground.

Egypt’s security forces currently face accusations of carrying out extra-judicial killings in northern Sinai where they have been battling ISIS affiliated fighters since 2013.

Hundreds of people including many members of the security forces and civilians have been killed in the fighting.

Last month, Human Rights Watch (HRW) said between four to 10 people may have been arbitrarily detained and killed in January 2017 with security forces staging a counter-terrorism raid to cover up the killings.

The Mekameleen video shows blindfolded men being taken out of military vehicles by uniformed soldiers. Two of the men are then made to kneel before being shot multiple times.

A cameraman can also be seen taking footage of one body. A soldier then appears to remove a gun from next to the body when the cameraman finishes filming.

In the video, the victims appear to have their blindfolds removed before being shot. One soldier can be heard saying repeatedly “not just the head” as another shoots one of the victims.

Pro-regime media outlets said the video was fabricated and blamed the Muslim Brotherhood which is banned in Egypt.

This video footage is originally sourced to Mekameleen channel and uploaded onto YouTube by DOAM.

 

 

Add your comments below

Powered by Facebook Comments