In a speech at a recent Islamic Human Rights Commission conference, Professor David Miller of Bath University said that the counter terrorism apparatus in Britain is the “backbone of Islamophobia”.
Professor Miller also says:
- Counter terrorism policy in the UK is state-sanctioned racism.
- It has now expanded throughout the public sector.
- Official statistics do not back up claims that radical Islam is a major threat to the UK.
- Authorities are deliberately exaggerating the threat to the UK from “radical Islam.”
- Intelligence agents are trying to entrap Muslims online.
- Many Muslims in the UK are being jailed for “terrorism offences” which don’t involve actual terrorism.
- Serious attempts are being made to marginalise anybody who is a critical of UK foreign policy and domestic counter-terror policy.
- Opposition to Prevent is spreading widely in the UK.
- There is a need for those public institutions in the UK which are affected by Prevent to unite to oppose it.
Add your comments below
Powered by Facebook Comments